Choosing the Right Sealant
When installing windows, roofing, siding, doors, etc., choosing the right sealant can make a difference in how well the installation process goes, and how well maintained it is. Therefore, at Source One we offer the excellent products made by Marco’s. You will find that these products are highly rated as an eco-friendly, economical, fast working, sealant which is made in the USA and will not disappoint! Below is a summary of the products we carry. You can find out more about each of these by going to our products page and clicking on the appropriate links.
Marco’s Weather-Tite™ Metal Roof Sealant is paintable, UV-resistant MS-Polymer formula will expand and contract with the change of weather and temperature, extruding in extreme weather conditions (down to 0º F). Available in a variety of colors to match today’s popular metal roof and siding colors, it provides exceptional adhesion to coated and uncoated metal surfaces, plastics, glass, PVC, masonry, stucco, wall panels, vinyl, wood, brass and other common building substrates.
Weather-Tite Metal Roof Sealant
- Eco-Friendly MS Polymer Sealant
- Stands up to the elements better than all other sealant technologies.
- Waterproof seal against water, wind, dust, dirt or other filtrations
- Adheres to almost any common building substrate or material
- 30+ standard colors
- Tack-free in 1 hour
- Paintable (excluding translucent)
- Chemically curing <1% VOC
- Made in the USA
Marco’s X-Seal™ makes it perfect for sealing any shaped gap in the construction of metal buildings, doors and windows, concrete, wood, and more. An ideal thermal and sound insulator, a hermetic seal allows the absorption of moisture, and when conditions permit, the slow release of moisture through evaporation. With X-Seal, there’s no shrinkage or blow-out from closed-cell breakage, and no worry about drying out or becoming hard and brittle.
- Expandable Foam Tape
- Expands to fill any-shaped gap in the construction of metal buildings, doors and windows, concrete, wood and more.
- Expands from 1/4” to 1”
- Expands from 3/8” to 1 1/2”
- Follows, flexes, expands, compresses to fit
- UV stable
- Universally adaptable to most roof panels, including hips and valleys
- Highly resistant to bugs and vermin
- Maintains seal in heat and cold
- Will not leach out or stain
Mastix™ is Marco’s versatile, trimmable end lap sealing tape that joins metal to metal, and seals around windows, doors, roof vents, stacks, access doors and other penetration points. The superior adhesive on Mastix keeps the product roll intact and prevents it from telescoping even on hot days. Apply itix to a hot metal roofing panel and it will stay put while you place the panel. No melting, oozing adhesive allowing panels to slide, making your installation harder. Plus, it won’t stain or lose its flexibility.
- Butyl Tape
- Flexible metal-to-metal adhesive that stays in place, even in extreme heat.
- Trimmable joint and end lap sealing tape
- Non-staining, permanently flexible
- Seals around windows, doors, roof vents, and more
- Roll won’t telescope from heat before installation
- Keeps even hot metal roofing panels in place—no melting or oozing
- Made in the USA
Enjoy this article? Share it with a friend!
About the Author
Randy Chaffee is the CEO of Source One Marketing, and has been in the post-frame building industry for the last forty three years. Randy along with his team at Source One Marketing, represent several of the most recognized and respected manufacturers in the post-frame building, metal frame building, residential steel roofing and steep slope roofing industries.
Randy's aim is to form an equally beneficial and rewarding partnership between their leading manufacturers, and their customers. Randy believes that all lasting relationships are built on the concept of a 'win-win' scenario. As a team they form partnerships that bring success to everyone within the marketplace.